CCTV Training (Public Space Surveillance)
Course – SIA Recognised
BIIAB Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations
(Public Space Surveillance)
CCTV training is essential for operators who monitor public space using CCTV equipment; it provides the learner with important information to follow correct procedures whilst working within the Law.
Who is the course for?
The security industry is a growing industry, where more and more agencies are requiring proactive and professional operators. If you currently work or would like to work within the Security Industry and operate a CCTV (PSS), you will be required to hold this qualification and to be SIA licensed.
What are the entry requirements?
No previous experience or qualifications are required, although learners must have an acceptable level of literacy and numeracy. At Quell, we have systems and procedures in place to assist learners with any literacy and numeracy concerns they may have.
To enroll on the training and, in turn, to be able to apply for your SIA License, learners are required to provide two full face passport photographs and to provide evidence of your identity as set down by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
How long is the course?
BIIAB Level 2 Award in CCTV (PSS) is delivered over 3 days.
Assessment – for this qualification, candidates will be required to complete the following assessments:
- A 25 question multiple choice examination on Working in the Security Industry. The examination will last for 40 minutes and candidates will be required to correctly answer 20 of the 25 questions (80%)
- A 40 question multiple choice examination on Working as a CCTV Operator. The examination will last for 1 hour and candidates will be required to correctly answer 28 of the 40 questions (70%)
- A practical assessment covering all your skills in the use of the CCTV system.
What does the course involve?
You must attend the 3 day workshop and complete two multiple choice exams on Working in the Security Industry and Working as a CCTV Operator, followed by a practical assessment covering the Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment.
The Units covered in the BIIAB CCTV Operations (PSS) are outlined below:
Unit 1 – Working in the Private Security Industry
- The purpose and main features of the private security industry
- The legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security industry
- Relevant aspects of health and safety in the workplace
- Application of the fire safety principles
- Dealing with non-fire-related workplace emergencies
- The principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry
Unit 2 – Working as a CCTV Operator
- CCTV Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- Relevant Legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Roles and responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV Staff
- The characteristics of a CCTV system
- How to make effective use of the CCTV equipment
- Emergency Procedures in the CCTV Control Room CCTV Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
Practical Assessment – Operation of the CCTV Equipment
Through this assessment, learners will need to demonstrate they can use CCTV equipment and that they can operate a CCTV system.
Don’t forget in house courses are run in Holywood with Free Parking and next to the Train Station for ease of travel. Inclusive we have your exam results within 24hrs and results are also uploaded direct to the SIA database, and therefore helps with you attaining your licence through the SIA quicker. If you want hassle free and a professional service then contact us.