Within all organisations, high levels of stress and situations of conflict occur. This can result in tension, disharmony and a lack of motivation.
This training encourages you to consider the consequences of your actions in the workplace and equips you with the skills required to take effective action when situations with the potential to escalate arise.
The training will consider current policies, procedures and systems in place within your organisation and highlights the importance of adherence to these regulations.
You’ll learn proven skills and techniques which help build your confidence and enable you to act professionally and assertively when dealing with difficult or challenging colleagues inclusive, of staff you or others may have to manage. Real case studies and scenarios will help you to identify triggers and encourage respect within the workplace.
On completion of the training, you will have a firm understanding of how your action or lack of action has consequences. By addressing these issues you can help encourage a more cohesive workplace.
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify how different behaviours and beliefs can clash in the workplace;
- Have an appreciation of what constitutes difficult behaviour;
- Demonstrate how to communicate effectively;
- Identify what can trigger and frustrate us within the workplace;
- Demonstrate use of appropriate key words and phrases;
- Understand and appreciate tone of voice and non-verbal communication or body language;
- Encourage respect through responding to and dealing effectively with difficult situations;
- Appreciate the consequences of inappropriate behaviour.