At times, we all encounter what is termed as a difficult person in the workplace. A person who feels they need to shout or act aggressively to reach their goal. An inappropriate response can further aggravate the situation or result in someone suffering injury through no fault of their own.
This training teaches proven skills and techniques to build confidence and help you to work professionally and assertively when dealing with difficult or challenging people. You’ll become familiar with procedures which must be adhered to in order to ensure both a duty of care for yourself and the difficult or challenging person.
You will also learn to identify the key signs of potential situations and defuse them effectively, thereby reducing the risk of the incident becoming uncontrollable and dangerous.
Scenario based learning using realistic situations is used to enhance the training.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key components in all angry confrontations;
- Recognise different stages of conflict escalation;
- Understand how to respond professionally and assertively to anger and conflict;
- Maintain composure when handling angry people;
- Manage your verbal and non-verbal communication.
Want to find out more?