BIIAB Level 2 Award in Upskilling Door Supervisors
Security Industry Authority (SIA) announced in March 2012 its intention for Door Supervisors who completed their training prior to summer 2010 to undertake additional training in order to renew their SIA licence.
The new award has now been launched by BIIAB and consists of 2 mandatory units of assessment:
- Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors; and
- Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry.
Who should attend?
This award is for all existing door supervisors who have previously achieved a Door Supervision qualification prior to summer 2010, e.g. National Certificate for Door Supervision, and need to undertake additional top up training in order to renew their SIA licence.
Course Duration: 2-day (plus pre-course study)
Cost: £99.00 (inc VAT)
This is a 2-day course in the training room, with pre-course study required and some additional work to be carried out in the evenings by yourself. (Please note support and guidance is fully given throughout). On confirmation of course booking a pre-course study pack will be issued to all attendees.
Pre-course Study: Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors
- Counter terrorism issues relevant to Door Supervisors;
- The role of the Door Supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises; and
- Legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to Door Supervisors.
Day 1: Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
- The principles of Physical Intervention Skills appropriate to their role;
- The legal and professional implications of using Physical Intervention Skills;
- How to reduce the risk of harm;
- Using non-aggressive physical skills; and
- Good practice to follow after Physical Intervention Skills are used.
Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors is assessed by an externally set and marked multiple-choice question paper consisting of 10 questions. The examination will last for 20 minutes and attendees will be required to correctly answer 7 of the 10 questions (70%).
Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry is assessed through observation and questioning.
Course Entry Requirements:
This award is a regulatory requirement as specified by the SIA for Door Supervisors, therefore attendees must have a SIA Door Supervisors Licence. Attendees will be required to provide evidence of their SIA Licence either by providing their SIA Licence number or providing their SIA licence for inspection on the day of their training.
Don’t forget in house courses are run in Holywood with Free Parking and next to the Train Station for ease of travel. Inclusive we have your exam results within 48hrs to 72hrs and results are also uploaded direct to the SIA database, and therefore helps with you attaining your licence through the SIA quicker. If you want hassle free and a professional service then contact us.