Dealing with Telephone Conflict
Help your staff deal with and overcome telephone conflict with Quell’s help
Training to Deal with Telephone Conflict
Think of how many phone calls you take and make in a working day. They are an integral part of our everyday work life and have probably only increased due to the pandemic. But at times, we can be on the phone with an aggressive person or someone using an aggressive tone to try and get what they want.
Dealing with telephone aggression can prove to be very stressful. The way in which we handle calls from aggressive people at work can mean that the situation is either defused or it can escalate. Our training will help you achieve a calm resolution to difficult and aggressive calls.
Quell Telephone Conflict Training
Our course highlights the challenges for people who encounter aggressive and sometimes intimidating telephone calls when dealing with the public. You will learn useful skills to remain calm and in control of the conversation and therefore de-escalate the behaviour of the frustrated or angry caller.
You will also learn strategies to use during and upon completion of an aggressive telephone call which can assist in reducing your levels of stress which can be caused by these incidents.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify patterns of conflict unique to communicating by telephone;
- Understand different stages of escalation;
- Recognise specific words which can infuriate the caller;
- Maintain self control to show professionalism;
- Demonstrate proven skills and techniques to control the situation;
- Demonstrate use of effective skills to alert support or report the incident effectively;
- Use effective methods to reduce levels of stress when dealing with and after the situation.
Let’s Discuss Telephone Conflict
Quell is here to help your staff deal with and overcome telephone conflict and aggression that may rise in organisation and ensure your policies and procedures comply with the relevant standards.