Ensure compliance with our personal safety training.
Personal Safety Training
Many people tend to take their personal safety for granted thinking nothing will ever happen to them. However, violence in the workplace is becoming more commonplace. Assaults and aggression does not only happen just in the workplace, it can happen going to or from meetings or event as you are entering or leaving work.
We know that a high percentage of employees have had to take time off work due to being placed in potentially threatening situations or positions where they are unable to seek support or help.
Quell Personal Safety Training
We believe everyone should be able to do their job free from the threat or fear of verbal or physical harm from others. And our training provides your staff with the tools they need to enhance their personal safety and provide them with peace of mind when in the workplace.
Our Personal Safety training is specifically tailored to your sector. It uses recent, real-life incidents as a basis around which effective skills are taught. Our methods are proven to reduce the level of risk in aggressive or threatening situations. We also utilise in-depth discussions, practical group work and realistic scenarios to ensure that you are prepared to confidently deal with a real life incident.
On completion of our personal safety training, you will have the ability to act accordingly and use proven skills and techniques to effectively ensure your personal safety in any given situation.
Training will cover the following key objectives:
- Understanding the escalation of aggressive natures;
- Identifying what can escalate a situation;
- Using and learning from a personal safety training model which can assist in improving your ‘Personal Safety Risk Assessment’;
- Demonstrating the use of effective, plausible excuses and reasons to leave potentially volatile situations;
- Key skills on how to drive, park and walk;
- Taking control of the environment or situation when on a meeting or home visit;
- Contingency planning and the ability to pro-actively gain support;
- Equipment and techniques which can assist in reducing stress if a situation occurs;
- Demonstrating the use of skills and techniques to calm a difficult or threatening situation.
Let’s Discuss Personal Safety at work
Quell is here to help with personal safety in your organisation and ensuring your policies and procedures comply with the relevant standards.