Conflict Management and Personal Safety Programme
Provide your staff with the skills to deal with conflict in their work role.
This eLearning course is designed for frontline staff who may encounter conflict and behaviours of concern in their work. It has six modules and an estimated completion time of 1 hour and 40 minutes but this will vary for each learner.
The two parts to this course map directly to the Maybo Accredited Programmes and can therefore be undertaken as part of a blended learning programme.
Who should take this course?
Learn more about Conflict Management & Personal Safety
Part One | Preventing Conflict and Reducing Risk (45m)
Each module can be completed individually.
- Examples of workplace violence
- Rights and responsibilities
- Planning to reduce risk
- Instinctive reactions to emotional or threatening situations
- Potential triggers in self and others
- Levels of escalation
- Influencing positive outcomes
- Overcoming barriers to communication
Part Two | Safer De-escalation (55m)
outcome while maintaining personal safety.
- Maybo SAFER model
- Risk identification
- Informed decision-making
- Positive, non-aggressive approaches
- Safer positioning and teamworking skills
- Strategies to defuse, calm and resolve
- Responding to behaviours of concern
- Heightened risk indicators
- Exit strategies in higher-risk situations
- Post-event impact and responsibilities
Certificate of Completion
By completing/passing this course, you will attain a Quell / Maybo eLearning Certificate.