Conflict Management and Personal Safety for Lone Workers Programme
Provide your staff with the skills to deal with conflict in their work role.
This eLearning course is designed for frontline lone working staff who may encounter conflict and behaviours of concern in their work.
It has seven modules and an estimated completion time of 2 hours and 10 minutes, but this will vary for each learner.
The three parts to this course map directly to the Maybo accredited programmes and can therefore be undertaken as part of a blended learning programme.
Who should take this course?
Quell’s Conflict Management and Personal Safety for Lone Workers Programme is designed for people who regularly interact with customers or members of the public in their work role. This course will be suitable for anyone seeking to learn how to deal with conflict in their workplace. Relevant job titles could include Surpervisors, Managers, Sales Assistants, HR team and more.
Learn more about Conflict Management & Personal Safety
Part One | Preventing Conflict and Reducing Risk (45m)
These modules are for people who regularly interact with customers or members of the public in their role. Each module can be completed individually.
- Examples of workplace violence
- Rights and responsibilities
- Planning to reduce risk
- Instinctive reactions to emotional or threatening situations
- Potential triggers in self and others
- Levels of escalation
- Influencing positive outcomes
- Overcoming barriers to communication
Part Two | Safer De-escalation (55m)
These modules explore de-escalation strategies to resolve a difficult situation and achieve a positive and safer outcome while maintaining personal safety.
- Maybo SAFER model
- Risk identification
- Informed decision-making
- Positive, non-aggressive approaches
- Safer positioning and teamworking skills
- Strategies to defuse, calm and resolve
- Responding to behaviours of concern
- Heightened risk indicators
- Exit strategies in higher-risk situations
- Post-event impact and responsibilities
Part Three | Safer Lone Working (30m)
This module explores the risks we may experience when working alone and the steps we can take to increase our personal safety.
- Risks and vulnerabilities of lone working
- Risk reduction measures we can take to prepare for working alone
- Reducing risk when travelling alone
- Reduce risk when arriving at premises
Certificate of Completion
By completing/passing this course, you will attain a Quell / Maybo eLearning Certificate.